Friday, November 16, 2007

Weekend Plans

We've started the busy weekend with a visit from Granddad, a dress rehearsal for the boys' play and a fire in the fire place. It's 58 degrees, and around here, we have to take full advantage of even slightly cold weather. Tomorrow we'll be heading out before noon for a field trip with scouts only to come home and rest up for the show. The boys will be performing tomorrow and Sunday.
Sully's feeling a little stage fright already. He needn't worry though, the ladies in charge told me tonight that he's not only memorized all his lines but he's actually up there acting. After his last show, with the small part that he hammed up perfectly, I think he's really found his stage presence. I suppose I shouldn't go on too much before the show, don't want to put my foot in my mouth. I suppose also that even if he just stands up there and does nothing, I'll think he's great... moms are like that!

1 comment:

Geezer said...

"Tell Sully "Break a leg," and explain what I mean if necessary so that he won't think I'm wishing him harm. As an aside, give both the boys my love.

As to stage fright, it has no correlation at all with talent. Some very untalented people don't have any, and some geniuses of the theater suffer from it in the worst possible way. The trick is to get it out of the way before you walk onto the stage and to become the character totally once you are ON the stage. Leave Sully in the wings, so to speak.