Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Eve Tradition

For as long as we've been cooking Thanksgiving dinners ourselves, to have at our own homes, I have been spending the day before Thanksgiving with my best friend... on the phone... cooking, talking, sharing. Our tradition even continued last year when I did some of the cooking at my mom's house. I didn't realize how much I rely on that camaraderie during such a busy time until she called today. It's funny to find what seemingly insignificant traditions make it feel like Thanksgiving. We share stories, recipes, cooking tips and a lot of laughter during the whole year but it wouldn't (and didn't) feel like Thanksgiving until I'd talked to her. We haven't lived close in almost a decade but she's still lends an ear whenever I'm in need of one, laughs with me when I'm happy and picks me up when I'm down. She's been around since I was 3... and that's a LONG time. Everyone needs a friend like that. Kelly, I'm thankful for you!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! Enjoy the little things that make us truly blessed.

No comments: