Thursday, July 19, 2007

Roseate Spoonbill









I had seen this guy hanging at the park earlier this week so when I went yesterday I tossed my camera in the car hoping to get a shot. The first time we saw these birds was on a trip down one of the birding trails along the nature reserve. There was a huge flock of them. I've never seen a solitary spoonbill but maybe he thinks he's an Ibis? I love these prehistoric looking birds- Florida is a great place for birdwatching.



The foggy looking shots are just my camera lens fogging over because of the heat.

2 comments:

Geezer said...

Great photos! I'm always sad that when I've been able to travel somewhere in the U.S. recently, I haven't been able to afford an extra day or two (in Colorado, for example) to just go out looking for and photographing birds.

Jen said...

I LOVE to birdwatch but rarely take the time... the boys are lukewarm birdwatchers and look at me like I'm a loon (pardon the pun) when I get so excited about seeing different birds. My favorite birds visiting our backyard last year were a pair of Pileated Woodpeckers but I didn't get a picture and haven't seen them since.