Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Cupcakes and Kids Klub

The boys are off enjoying their weekly Kids Klub meeting and have been looking forward to this week for a while. Kids Klub, offered at the corner church, is a program where the kids participate in a bi-yearly play. The weekly meeting includes games, Bible stories, arts and crafts, play practice and snack. Usually offered are snacks of a healthy variety provided by the parents but today was my day. We decided that in honor of Sully's birthday tomorrow, we should forgo the "healthy snack" guideline and make cupcakes... SIXTY of them! I have to admit that I was the mean mom who didn't let her fledglings help with this endeavor. Although they wanted to, I opted against it since I didn't want to spend the time while they were occupied at Kids Klub cleaning chocolate icing from the ceiling. They were placated by being allowed to ice their own cupcake to have as a snack after lunch. After seeing the results, I felt justified in declining their help with the rest.

No comments: