Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Provision

We've been in need of coffee maker... well as much as anyone can really need a coffee maker. Our current coffee maker, while still working, is well used with a flaking element and is on it's last leg. We even browsed the coffee maker aisle while Christmas shopping but decided to put off the purchase- partially because we couldn't agree on what type to buy and partially because we wanted to concentrate on buying gifts. I REALLY like the pot-less style coffee maker and would have loved to buy one, but at $40 or $50 for an inexpensive version that would be a hard purchase to justify when I would have been happy with just a cheap coffee pot that worked well.

You see where this is going don't you?... Well, this morning my neighbor knocked on the door and was getting rid of this. They had no idea of our coffee maker situation. Answer to prayer? Maybe, but I can't really say I prayed for a coffee maker. I can't even call it a need, however, I wanted one and one was provided for me- free and unexpected... one that exceeds what I would have or could have purchased for myself. Whenever I doubt God's provision, I need only to look at instances such as these when we have been greatly provided for, provision that not only meets but exceeds our needs.

Life lesson this morning- trust. Teacher- a coffee pot!

1 Timothy 6:17

Charge the rich of this world not to be highminded, nor to trust in the uncertainty of riches, but in the living God, who gives us abundantly all things to enjoy


No comments: