Sunday, September 9, 2007

Remembered Joy

"For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him may have eternal life, and I shall raise him on the last day" John 6:40


...an Irish Prayer by Shannon Moseley

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free
I'm following the path God laid for me.
I saw his face, I heard his call
I took his hand and left it all.
I could not stay another day
To love, to laugh, to work, or play;
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
If my parting has left a void,
then fill it with remembered joy
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss
Yes, these things, I too shall miss.
My life's been full, I've savored much:
Good times, good friends, a loved-one's touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief-
Don't shorten yours with undue grief.
Be not burdened with tears of sorrow,
Enjoy the sunshine of the morrow.
Lift up your heart and share with me,
God called me home and set me free.




Nancy Kelly McGuigan McGinn
1927-2007


May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall softly upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.


"He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, wailing or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Revelation 21:4

No comments: