Sunday, August 19, 2007

Visiting Granny

The boys (all 3 of them) and I just returned from visiting Granny's condo down south... south Florida that is. Granny is Kevin's grandmom who loves to treat the boys and is a lot of fun to hang out with. Sully and Nathan enjoy yummy things like doughnuts at breakfast and jello for dessert after lunch. One of their favorites from Granny is berries with whipped cream. During a previous visit, Nathan wanted to make sure I went home with that recipe. The kids and I were fortunate to spend several weekends down in Boca last year before moving to Virginia but haven't had as much opportunity to go since we've been back in Florida.
Granny always takes the boys to the pool and sometimes even the beach. We were able to do both this time. The beaches in Boca are really nice, the water is clear and there are usually interesting shells to collect. The weather was lovely while we were there. One small storm cleared quickly so we were able to go to the pool in the morning and the beach in the afternoon.
I didn't take any pictures of this trip but I'm including one of my favorite pictures from a visit last year.



1 comment:

Geezer said...

What lucky boys to have both a grandmother and a great-grandmother to spoil them! I was not so fortunate, though I had a great-aunt who did a pretty good job with both the spoiling and the super food. Unfortunately, I had to share her with a large number of her grandchildren,and I didn't get to be with her nearly often enough. Tell the boys to count their blessings every night.