Sunday, January 20, 2008

Backyard Feast

I'm relaxing in our family room, the football game going, finding myself thankful. Thankful for the smell of campfire on my clothes, thankful that it's not -9 outside. We are, however, having a bit out a cold snap for us.

Since it's a balmy 50 degrees in our area of the sunshine state, Kevin decided it was a good time to christen our fire pit.




We've had this fire pit for a few years. My mom purchased it for us right before the move to VA and it didn't make it out of the box until our return almost a year later.




We decided a campfire dinner was called for because there's nothing quite like hot dogs roasted over an open fire... (except maybe chestnuts)





...followed, of course, by roasted marshmallows.





We are so fortunate to enjoy this view from our backyard.



We watched the sun set and the almost full moon come out.



So we enjoyed a backyard feast, almost like camping at home, but without having to sleep in a tent... that's my kind of camping! And I am thankful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is SO cozy!!

Christina said...

Ah! My kind of camping too! Your view is amazing!