Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What a Week!!

If you saw yesterday's post you've heard about Jesse, our hyper but beloved English Pointer. She was sick several weeks ago but recovered from what we thought to be a nasty bout of colitis. Just before we were to head north she required another trip to the vet- it looked like the same ailment so we started treatment and left her in the care of Dad who was staying behind. After a few days of seeming recovery, she got worse and Kevin had to take her to the vet's again where we found that she had something serious and complicated going on. At that point she had become very disoriented, still in discomfort and to our shock, had been struck blind! We opted not to put her through a barrage of tests (she had already had MANY in weeks previous) and knew we weren't prepared to go as far as chemo for the dog. Jesse was a great dog and will be greatly missed.

After the emotional roller coaster, Dad was home alone in our very quiet house so we decided it would be a good time for him to fly up, meet us in D.C. and then drive home with us. Timing worked because he doesn't start his new job until Monday... He got the one he was hoping for!!!! Thanks for all the prayers!

While I was gone, Christina over at A Walk in My Garden tagged me for a Meme, which I'll post shortly. I'm also planning to join in on the May Day Weight Loss Challenge over at Tales from the Scales, which I hope will give me just the accountability I need to drop those pesky pounds. Additionally, I'll be posting some photos and a summary of our trip, which, other than the big whammy, was really nice.

No comments: