Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Weather and Eggplant Parmesan

Not that one has anything to do with the other but, boy, did we have some weather today! Tornado watches and everything! It seems a little early for such wild weather, and hurricane season is still over a month away.

We also had Eggplant Parmesan for dinner, homemade, a first for me. We've been ordering organic veggie boxes for the past few weeks, and last week's box included an eggplant. The vegetables have been lovely and we get some things that I wouldn't normally pick up on my own, which means I'm being forced to be more creative with cooking... it also means we are all eating more vegetables.



I used this recipe with this tomato sauce. It was really good! Rave reviews from Kevin and both boys.


The sauce was so good and so easy, I won't ever use pre-made sauce ever again... well, that's probably rash, but it was easy and good; I'll definitely make it again.


And look at the beautiful way we like to end our daylight hours here.









The pictures hardly do it justice.
Hope everyone has a good night!

No comments: