Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Stranger on the Phone

I really wasn't prepared for how fast my little boy would all of a sudden not sound like my little boy any longer. Okay, I also realize he's taller than I am and really hasn't been my "little" boy for quite some time. But the man-voice... that surprised me! And while he still fluctuates from high to low, when he answered my phone call last night I was certain I'd dialed the wrong number. Some mornings while I'm out walking I hear a man hollering for the dog to stop barking at a time when I know Kevin is still sleeping. Occasionally, I'll still wonder what strange man is in my back yard yelling.
I suppose this is a link in the chain. He's on his way to turning completely and forever from my little boy into a man. Ultimately it's where I wish him to be, but still, I wonder if I'll ever get used to it?

No comments: