Tuesday, January 29, 2008

!!!???!!!SEVEN!!!???!!!

Happy Birthday, Nathan! To my charming, inquisitive, beautiful boy. I'm so glad you are here!




Aside from being Nathan's birthday, today was quite a busy day. We would have designated it an official school holiday even if it hadn't been an election day. After Nathan and I dropped Sully off for his workshop, we drove down to pick up milk. Sully finished up his leather working merit badge and completed one moccasin while Nathan and I ran errands. It wasn't my day to make the long drive for milk so we got to pick up locally. Then I voted and Nathan and I both got a sticker. I know it's silly but I love to see people walking around with a voting sticker on their shirt.

Maybe it stems from my fond childhood memories of the polls. My mom used to volunteer and she'd always bring me one of those ice cream cups from the school cafeteria. You know the kind with the little wooden paddle/spoon? I LOVED those things! I'd get to ride out to the polls with my dad or my grandparents and we'd go into the voting booth, pull the handle and the curtain would close. I also remember being able to borrow a small voting machine once for show and tell. And if I remember correctly, that was the same week that I'd gotten a terrible nose bleed and had to have my nose packed for several days but that's another story.

Between today and yesterday, I've baked 4 dozen cupcakes to take to Kids Klub. Despite our busy day, the only mishap was when Sully dropped my large Pyrex dish FULL of cupcakes in our driveway just as we were leaving. Luckily I had over-baked and after icing the 12 cupcakes remaining in the house, we were on our way.

Our dinner, chosen by Nathan, consisted of mac and cheese, chicken fingers and peas and now it's almost time for birthday boys to be in bed. We've all enjoyed the day and I don't know about anyone else but I, for one, am tired!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please tell Nathan I'm sorry I didn't have his birthday in my birthday log. I've put it in so I'll be sure to remember next year. Sounds like he had a good day. I'd better call you and make sure I have Sully's, too.