Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Of regular life, that is. We took several days to get settled in after returning from New York, which was an awesome trip by the way. We flew with Jet Blue, which I would recommend to everyone. After entering the plane and seeing the seats that I thought were part of the first class section, then realizing that those seats were present throughout, I knew we were in for a pleasant flight. Of course the personal TVs were a huge hit with the boys.

We've finally started our regular activities and school schedule again after enjoying the Christmas season and our vacation. Although we made a slight adjustment to accommodate Kevin's new work schedule... did I mention that he started a new job? It's actually with his old company and this job, while in the same field, really fits his personality much better than the one he left it for.

I've also been busy reorganizing the school room and simplifying. My goal for our bookshelf is to have only those books and curriculum that we are currently using. My other goal is to cut back on buying new (or new to us) books... to be more discerning on what comes into the house. This is one area with which I have a terrible time because there are so many great books out there. Especially difficult is if we go to thrift or to a yard sale, I cannot resist that great book -only a dime!! ... or more likely, the $3 worth of books that were only a dime each! Oh well, a work in progress.

We had a surprise visit last night from Kevin's uncle who was in town on business. He stopped by for a while and treated us to pizza and great conversation.

The decorations are down and for the most part put away and while it's a slightly melancholy feeling to have the house so empty, it's also refreshing. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks, where we can savor the dailiness of our routine and relax a little after all the excitement of December and early January. That is if you call school work, house work, running around to scouts, chorus, kids klub, park days, visits to the nursing home, and field trips relaxing... luckily I do!

No comments: