Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Endless Summer Fun

Is it officially summer yet? No? It's not really summer here either but in FL it's sometimes hard to tell. We have actually had incredibly beautiful days lately- either it's cooler and drier than normal or I've finally (after almost 8 years) gotten used to the weather.

The grass in the yard has made such a difference in my desire to be outside. I had no idea that I missed grass so much... and St. Augustine nonetheless! My first true introduction to this crazy FL grass was when we bought our first house here and I decided to do some yard work. Well, any good Virginia girl knows that grass is soft and thin and anything that looks like a thick grassy vine has got to be crabgrass. So I started pulling this crazy "weed" in our side yard... I pulled and pulled until I had a nice brown patch. Around that time Kevin came home and informed me that my "weed" was grass but I had already succeeded in stripping a huge portion of the side yard. Needless to say I learned my lesson. St. Augustine never looked so good!

Since the great outdoors has been so appealing since the installation of our lawn, the boys and I spent some time in the back yard doing what we've been doing a lot of lately... entertaining the dog. Nathan decided it was a great time to blow bubbles.

I love bubbles- they keep little ones occupied for hours! Apparently they also keep puppies occupied for a good long time too.







Hey! Bring on some more bubbles!!

No comments: